Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fawn Magazine Stage 2 - Week 6

This week I had an interview and studio tour organised with the Distillery, a letterpress studio found in Darlinghurst. I had my heart set on featuring a letterpress studio for this section, so was thrilled when they got back to me confirming it all. Letterpress is such a beautiful underrated art, I really wanted to give it more exposure. Gaia and I went to meet with Jen Fontaine the Operations Manager there. Jen was so lovely, she answered all of our questions and let us poke around through their samples and the old lead type they still had lying around. We also got to see a few demonstrations which was insightful. It's a very precise art that takes a lot of patience and skill.

A lot of time this week was spent preparing for the shoot that would be happening next week on Wednesday. I had confirmed all the resources for the shoot and just had to go and pick up the clothes from Faddoul's PR agency Sweaty Betty, as well as the clothes I was going to borrow from Evyie. 3 days before the shoot I got an email from Evyie saying due to unforeseen personal circumstances she would no longer be able to provide clothes for the shoot. In a last minute panic Sweaty Betty saved the day by providing me with some extra filler pieces and jewellery to shoot.

In addition to all this I also managed to do a little bit of designing. I lay out a few of the page that required no content, such as the masthead and stockist pages. I also designed 2 different banners for the website. These banners were to be place holder banners for the site until I get real advertisers on board. I had the idea of using a sky writing plane and a hot air balloon that would have 'advertise with us' written on them so that people knew that they were able to contact me in regards to advertising within this space.

JB





No comments:

Post a Comment