Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fawn Magazine Stage 2 - Week 3

This week I spent a lot of time contacting people in regards to content and advertising. I spent hours looking through the designers on Young Republic, an online store for emerging Australian designers. I bookmarked quite a few that I liked, but there were two in particular that I found that really stood out to me.

The first was Emma Mulholland, a quirky young designer who has just recently broken onto the fashion scene in the past year. I thought her design would be perfect for a shoot as they are so out there and different from anything else I've seen.


The second was Violet & I, which designs were quite opposite to Emma Mulholland's designs. These designs were feminine and pretty. It would be quite a contrast if we had them both featured in the magazine.


I ended up contacting both designers about being featured in the magazine, and got a good initial response from them.

In addition to this I started looking into which advertisers I could contact who might be appropriate for Fawn. There were a few that firstly came to mind; Qantm College, Capital L (a boutique where I casually work), Young Republic, The Finders Keepers and In.cube8r.

I sent emails with attached media kits to all these companies, with a proposal for advertising with Fawn. Through this research of advertisers I had an idea to include an article on In.cube8r in our Fawn Feature section. There was quite an interesting story behind the company and thought it would be perfect to include. I added this into my email to Isy the Founder of In.cube8r, asking if she would be interested in a feature as well.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment