Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fawn Magazine Stage 2 - Week 1

After taking some much needed time off I got back into the swing of things with a fresh outlook on the magazine.

During this time off I decided I was not happy with the original design concepts I have created for the magazine, so in this first week I began to create new style sheets for Fawn. I wanted to style to be quite simplistic, focusing heavily on designing original layouts. I took inspiration for other magazines such as Frankie and Yen, as well as online titles such as the ASOS magazine.

In my first week I met with my new supervisor Leonard Sii. As Leonard was taking over as supervisor for my project, I spent this time going over my plans for Fawn Magazine. I filled him in on my plans to redesign the magazine, and also mentioned that I wasn't happy with the design of the website anymore as it reflected the design style of my previous magazine design. I also discussed the fact that I was very serious about turning Fawn Magazine into a business and would be continuing on with it after my time with Qantm was finished. He suggested I start looking for advertisers as soon as possible, even if they were only able to contribute little every little bit would count.

This suggestion changed the direction of the magazine slightly, not only would I need to focus on creating content and an eye catching layout for the magazine, I also needed to think about the business side of thing. This meant looking at things over the long term, not just short term goals to complete my project.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment