Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fawn Magazine - Week 8

I had a busy week this week working on several different elements of my project. I put the final touches and images into my marketing plan which is now complete. Completing the marketing plan for Fawn has also been extremely helpful in giving me the relevant information I need for the Fawn Magazine media kit.

I started designing and inputting information into several of the media kit pages this week and plan to finish it over the coming week. I scheduled this deliverable to be completed earlier in the project timeline as I require this document to give to the relevant public relations companies that have agreed to help me with Fawn Magazine. Giving them a media kit allows them to gather a greater understanding of what it is Fawn is all about, as well as presenting a professional image for the magazine.

Fawn Media Kit

Fawn Media Kit

To add to this professional image I created a company email to which I can direct and send all Fawn related emails from. Through this I then emailed several more PR companies discussing Fawn and asking if they would be interested in helping out. I have had a great response so far from the companies I emailed, and now have 4 PR companies on board willing to help.

From last weeks content outline I was able to develop a more detailed content plan of all the people or features that will be going into each section of the magazine. I have largely gathered most of the important resources for these sections, with only one main part(Featured Studio)still unconfirmed. I am waiting to hear back from a woman that has a photographic studio that may be willing to do a feature with the magazine.

I began to create some design sketches for all the page layouts for the magazine, which I found quite helpful in developing my style guide. At the moment I have created a Style Guide, although I am unsure about the font that I have used for the headings in the magazine, so I will continue to search this week for a suitable font to use for this. 

Style Guide Mock Up

Working from the design sketches I created last week for the Fawn website, I was able to start creating creative mockups for the website. As of yet I have only created the mock up for the home page, as most of the other pages will be very similar to this page. 

From the home page mock up I have been following a tutorial on Lynda.com about creating custom themes in Wordpress. It takes you through the process of creating the HTML and CSS for your website and then shows you where to input this information in between the PHP coding on the Wordpress themes. I spent several hours making my website design using Dreamweaver, and am quite happy with my result so far. The basic structure and colouring is there, I just need to focus on refining the smaller details.

Fawn Website - Work In Progress

Fawn Website - Work In Progress

Fawn Website - Work In Progress  

I also need to research how I can have my most recent posts thumbnails on the website home page. At the moment I haven't found a plug-in or tutorial that covers this design, but I plan on continuing to look and if that fails I will see a lecturer that is more experienced in coding or Wordpress so that they are able to guide me in how to create this look.

Finally I set up the Fawn Magazine Facebook and Twitter pages, so that I can start implementing my marketing plan. I plan on posting regular content next trimester to gain awareness of the brand and build anticipation for the magazines release in December.

That's all for this week.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment