Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

RAFW Day 2 Recap

I was lucky enough to sneak away from my uber busy study schedule to view the Marnie Skillings RAFW show last night. 

It had been a while since I was last inside the OPT, but let's just say the show did not disappoint. The atmosphere, the music, the front row (I may get over excited when I see all my favourite editors sitting only metres away), and of course the designs themselves.

Another little recap from my favourite collections on Day 2.

Show 1 - Rachel Gilbert
I absolutely loved this collection, and I'm not sure if it was the unlikely combination of lime yellow, silver and black, or the amazing embellishments on several of the pieces, but it definitely left me wanting more. How stunning is the beaded gown below! 

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au
 
Show 2 - Manning Cartell
I love the Manning Cartell brand, other than being quite beautiful and timeless pieces, I also find that their collections are extremely wearable. More white (a definite trend appearing), coupled with paint splattered prints and maxi dresses. I love the 1920's style flapper dress at the bottom, tres chic!

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Show 3 - Marnie Skillings  
Marnie's latest collection was feminine with a quirky twist. Pretty florals teamed with feather capelets and animal print hats. An unusual combination of items that oddly enough came together perfectly. Another collection heavily featuring high necklines and maxi dresses, both are shaping up to be must have items this spring. I on the other hand would love to get my mits on one of those feather capelets, as they looked quite amazing.

Image courtesy of MCM PR

Image courtesy of MCM PR

Image courtesy of MCM PR

No comments:

Post a Comment