Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

RAFW Day 1 Recap

Well like any other fashion loving blogger, the most important week of the year is finally upon us. Yes, you know what I'm talking about, Rosemount Australian Fashion Week.

It unfortunately just so happens that for me this is the last week of college for the trimester and I have been flat out with assessments. Watching all the coverage from the shows constantly popping up on Facebook can be somewhat distracting.

So I have decided to give into the overwhelming urge, and have decided to for go study for an hour of so to check out the full collections on Vogue.com.au

Just to recap day one, I thought I'd pull together some images for you from my favourite shows for the day. 

Show 1 - Zimmermann
Lots of White and cut out laser patterns, mixed with Zimmermann's usual bold floral prints. I am especially in love with the last photo of the one piece, I will definitely have to get my hands on one of them!

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Show 2 - Bec & Bridge
Amazing prints... again! (must be a sign of things to come), suede in all shapes and forms, along with some very saucy off the shoulder numbers. Favourite item from the collection would have to be the little suede shorts, the perfect to addition to an outfit at any time of year.

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

 
Image courtesy of vogue.com.au


Show 3 - Alex Perry
Well it seems as if Alex Perry has outdone himself yet again. I have to say when I looked through the collection I was in love with almost every piece. It was a bold mix of colours, which seemed to work perfectly together. Loving the high necklines and the embellishment.

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Show 4 - Lover
In my opinion a label that can do no wrong. Every season they seem to release a collection that triumphs their last. A beautiful mix of lace, neutrals with a bold splash of red. I am very fond of the beiege lace dress with the red body suit worn underneath, ok so it may not be super practical but you have to admit it is as cute as hell.

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

Image courtesy of vogue.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment